Hola peoples.... Been long long time since blogging...
I missed bloggin as much as I missed cooking. This weekend I tried out vegetable cutlet.
Its purely vegetarian. No egg involved. I adapted this recipe from a few different websites and add some of my own ingredients.
A fren suggested that I take step by step picture. Perhaps will do it for my next recipe.
Here is the recipe.
Potato - 3 big size, wash
Beans + Carrot - cup
Onion -1 chopped finely
Green chilli -1 chopped
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder -1/2 tsp
Dry Mango powder - 1 tsp
Salt, pepper needed
Cornflour + wheat flour - 1/2 cup
White Bread crumbs
Oil for shallow frying
1) Steam or boil the potatoes and mixed vege. I place my veges in Noxxa pressure cooker and cooked under high pressure for 8 minutes.Potatoes should be 3/4 cook.
2) Peel the potatoes and mash them. Add salt and pepper and keep aside.
3) Meanwhile, heat a wok and add oil and mustard seed. Add onion and green chili.
4) Saute a while until the onion is translucent. Then add in the steamed beans and carrot.
5) Add in tumeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, and dry mango powder, salt and pepper.
6) Add the vegetable to the mashed potato and mix well.
7) Divide into equal size balls and flatten them.
8) Mix cornflour with wheat flour with some water into a thick paste. (This is important)
9) Dip the flatten ball into the paste and then into the bread crumbs.
10) Fly in shallow hot oil.
11) Serve with tamarind chutney or just mayonaise.